The below document outlines the complaints handling procedure in place for dwell Student Living and applies to all Customers (tenants) of dwell Student living buildings. We are committed to excellent customer service and take our responsibilities to our students very seriously.
We aim to ensure that all our customers are completely satisfied however just in case we have put the below procedure in place that will be applied should you have a complaint.
- dwell Student Living endeavours to provide a excellent service at all times, however we accept that occasionally we do not always get things right first time.
- dwell Student Living has a positive approach to complaints and regards complaints as an opportunity to receive feedback on our accommodation and services.
- dwell Student Living will strive to resolve complaints at the earliest opportunity.
- dwell Student Living will respond to all complaints in a professional and courteous manner. All complaints will be resolved promptly and dwell Student Living will endeavour to reach a satisfactory conclusion for both parties.
- dwell Student Living will review how it delivers its service as a result of complaints that are received and will make changes and improvements where necessary.
How do I make a complaint?
You can make a complaint in writing (by letter or email), by phone, or in person. We would strongly encourage you to initially raise your complaint in person, either by phone or at reception. Our staff will endeavour to resolve your complaint at this initial point of contact.
If this is not possible then your complaint will be dealt with in accordance with the stages set out below. All complaints must be made direct to the site that you have been dealing with. Any complaints that are sent to Head Office will be redirected to the relevant site for them to investigate in the first instance.
What is the complaints process?
Complaints will initially be dealt with at Stage 1. Your complaint will be investigated by the Onsite Manager if the complaint is with regards to a staff member and by the Operations Manager if the complaint is directed towards the Onsite Manager. The investigating party will endeavour to provide a written response within 3 working days of receiving your complaint subject to all relevant information being received. If you do not believe that your complaint has been treated fairly and correctly you can escalate your complaint to Stage 2. However you must state why you do not think your complaint has been treated fairly.
At Stage 2 your complaint will be investigated by the Operations Manager of dwell Student Living. We will endeavour to provide a written response within 5 working days of receiving your complaint. If you still believe that your complaint has not been treated fairly and correctly you can escalate your complaint to Stage 3. However you must state why you do not think your complaint has been treated fairly.
Stage 3 is the final stage of the Complaints Procedure. At Stage 3 your complaint will be investigated by the Director of Operations of dwell Student Living. The Director will notify you of their decision in writing, normally within 5 working days of receiving your complaint. The decision of the Director is final – there is no further right of appeal.
All complaints should be addressed to the relevant site manager in the first instance.
All complaints cases and follow up actions & status must be documented.
At all stages of the complaints procedure a holding letter/email must be sent out to our customer to acknowledge receipt of the complaint and time frames to resolve the matter.